COVID SAFETY at Walking Off The War Within
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility, it’s up to everyone to be COVID safe and we thank you for your commitment and support. It is our aim (as event managers) to ensure that attendees at each of the community walks have a wonderful time and great experience whilst managing a safe environment for all involved. These COVID guidelines aim to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of walkers, spectators, contractors, volunteers and the whole community.
It’s our commitment to you that we’ll continue to monitor the COVID situation and act in accordance with the advice of the Government and the Department of Health and Human Services.
PATRONS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Stay home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell. Please do not attend the event until you are symptom free and have received a negative test result.
- Maintain physical distancing from people outside your core social group. Keep at least 1.5 meters away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings. i.e: handshakes, kisses and hugs.
- Avoid crowded places, if an area seems congested stay away from that area.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water, use hand sanitizer that will be available onsite, cover coughs and sneezes.
- Follow the instructions of the COVID marshals and signage when on site
- Ensure you Check In – scan and complete the COVID safe check in when entering an event site.
- COVID safe messages may be delivered before, during and after events. Listen out for information and follow all directions
- All messaging will be communicated via the WOTWW website, social media, through commentary and signage on site at locations
COVID SAFE CHECK IN
When entering an event site, all people will be required to provide contact tracing information by:
- Scanning the QR code upon entering the site
- Providing correct details to be retained for contact tracing purposes only
Any person not providing their contact details may be asked to leave the event site
- Each event site will have a COVID marshal to help implement and monitor the COVID safe plan for the event site. Attendees will be required to follow the instructions of the COVID marshal. If a COVID marshal requires assistance to manage an issue they will be assisted by the management team. A significant issue will be escalated to the Victorian Police to be handled.
- Event sites will maintain a high standard of cleaning throughout opening hours including high touch point cleaning to reduce COVID transmission risk
- The WOTWW team will monitor current COVID-19 restrictions posted by the DHHS and information contained in the COVID safe plans will be updated to align with the changes